Friday, October 8, 2010

Garbage Treasure~ Chair

A discarded piece of once loved furniture.... gold to those in craft need. So I found this chair, and being off work thought I could make a project of it. Homeward bound (by foot) I pushed the chair the few blocks and into my crafty basement.




It was plain, sad, even had a cracked seat and no backing....hmm...where to start.








After a quick stop over at our local paint supplier to buy my chosen colours (sample size for only $4.00 ea.) I sat with the beast of a chair ready to paint. Here's what it looks like with 2 coats of paint....











After letting it dry for days upon days (nothing dries fast enough when creative juices are flowing), I did some mod podging and added some bird details. I was thinking of adding vines to the legs but have to wait until I have enough vines to stick to it...




















I then painted a back piece for the chair. I took the old back from a retro chair that needed thrown away and painted it yellow. (I have yet to take the knife to it to trim it to size, then staple gun it into place, and add a bright yellow ribbon to hide the seam)





Some detail work and finishing touches heres what she looks like. ( I know I need to add the back piece but I never put these things up finished....)















LO

No comments:

Post a Comment